What started as an idea to bring recognition to our region has emerged as a new standard – a standard of excellence. The Philadelphia 100 is a merit based program. Only companies that are among the fastest growing, privately-held companies are awarded the Philadelphia 100 designation. The integrity of the process and the resulting list makes the Philadelphia 100 one of the most sought awards in the region.
Started in 1988 by The Entrepreneurs' Forum of Greater Philadelphia and the Wharton SBDC, the Philadelphia 100 has recognized some of the region's finest companies when they were just beginning to emerge: Mothers' Work, Fiberlink, Urban Outfitters, Forman Mills, Kremer Laser Eye Center, and Primavera Systems, just to name a few.
For our 2018 award, the Entrepreneurs’ Forum of Greater Philadelphia has partnered with Philadelphia Media Network, publisher of The Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com to spotlight the winners in a special editorial section produced in conjunction with the awards program.
1. Nominate a company for consideration using the Nomination Form. Nominations for the 2018 Philadelphia 100 will be accepted through June 2018. Companies may nominate themselves. There are absolutely no costs to nominate, apply, or to win.
2. In April 2018 nominated companies are invited to submit an application containing relevant company information. Researchers at Wipfli LLP use this information to rank the top 100 fastest growing companies based on their percentage increase in sales from 2015 to 2017.
3. Winners will be notified in late August 2018 and will be celebrated at an award gala Thursday, October 25, 2018.
- Applicants must be independent, privately held corporation, proprietorship, or partnership. Franchises, subsidiaries, divisions, and fixed-term funds and their management companies are NOT eligible.
- Applicants must have a full three-year sales history with a sales increase from 2015 to 2017. Sales in 2015 must be for a full 12 months.
- Applicants that operate in bankruptcy at any point during the contest period through to the time of winner selection are not eligible.
Company headquarters must be located in one of the following counties:
Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, Bucks
New Jersey: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer
Delaware: New Castle
The Philadelphia 100® program reserves the right to not accept applicants at its discretion.